@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
Crabmeat Au Gratin - 2c
1 cup Butter
1 cup Onions; chopped
1 cup Celery; chopped
1/2 cup Bell pepper; chopped
1 tablespoon Pimiento; chopped
1/4 cup Flour; all-purpose
4 cups Half-and-half; heated
1/2 cup White wine; dry
Salt; to taste
Cayenne pepper; to taste
1 cup American cheese; grated
2 pounds Crabmeat; lump -- picked over
1. Melt butter in Dutch oven; add onions, celery, bell pepper and pimiento
and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in flour and blend well.
3. Add hot half-and-half, stirring; cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
4. Add wine, salt and cayenne.
5. Spread crabmeat in buttered baking dish; spoon sauce over crabmeat and
sprinkle with grated cheese.
6. Bake in preheated 375ºF . oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 0:00
** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.34 **