@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
Creole Garlic And Shrimp Appetizer - 2c
a2, appetizer, cajun, fish, spice
1/2 cup Butter or margarine; softened
2 tablespoons fresh parsley; minced
1 tablespoon shallots; Minced (heaping)
4 cloves garlic; minced
1/4 teaspoon Paprika
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Pernod
1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 1/2 pounds Shrimp; shelled and deveined
Flour; as needed
Olive oil; as needed
1/2 teaspoon Juice of lemon
3/4 cup Dry white wine
1. Cream butter with wooden spoon for several minutes.
2. Add parsley, shallots, garlic, seasonings, Pernod and 1/2 teaspoon lemon
juice; mix well and set aside.
3. Coat shrimp with flour.
4. Heat olive oil in large skillet; shake flour from shrimp and add shrimp
5. Saute shrimp very quickly, about 3 minutes; when they start to turn
pink, cook them on other side.
6. Drain oil from skillet.
7. Add 1/2 cup lemon juice and the wine and shake pan briefly over heat,
about 1 minute.
8. Add reserved garlic butter and toss shrimp quickly with wooden spoon. 9.
When butter is melted, serve shrimp immediately.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time: 0:00
** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.34 **